The runaway incidence, the crowds and the Christmas parties have made the mask mandatory outdoors: if before you had to carry one by hand just in case, now you have to go out with it on from home, and it can only be removed in the nature or to practice individual sport.
The BOE has published the new royal decree approved this Thursday by the Council of Ministers that toughens its use outdoors, regardless of the safety distance. Therefore, it comes into force as of 0:00 this Friday, December 24.
The rule will be in force until the rapid increase in infections is stopped.of coronavirus, which has put the country’s primary care in check, a situation to which it comes to add, recognizes the text, the “great impact” that other infections such as influenza, the flu, have on the health system every year pneumococcal disease and respiratory syncytial virus.
It must still be validated by Congress, but it will not be so in subsequent modifications, since it enables the Government, at the proposal of the person in charge of the Ministry of Health and after hearing the Interterritorial Council of the National Health System, to change the conditions by royal decree .
The inclusion of new cases of mandatory use of masks or the elimination of exceptions to their use may only be proposed when it has been verified.“a worsening of the epidemiological situation”, according to the system of indicators agreed upon at the Health traffic light.
In the same way, the Executive may only eliminate or modulate the assumptions when “a better one has been verified.”
The current norm that expired this midnight allowed to be without a mask outdoors if there was a safety distance, which in practice implied, or made it advisable, to always have one with you in case the moment arose when you had to put it on, such as entering a trade.
Now you have to go out directly with it on from home and not take it off , not even outdoors, with few exceptions.
At the moment, people over 6 years oldThey must always wear the mask, regardless of the distance, in the following cases:
– In any closed space for public use or that is open to the public.
– In any outdoor space for public use or that is open to the public.
– In air, sea, bus, or rail transport , including platforms and passenger stations, or by cable car, as well as in complementary public and private passenger transport in vehicles with up to nine seats, including the driver, if the occupants of the tourism vehicles do not live in the same address.
– Passenger ships and boatswhen they are inside your cabin.
– People who have some type of illness or respiratory difficulty that may be aggravated by the use of the mask or who, due to their disability or dependency, do not have the autonomy to remove it or have behavioral changes that make its use unfeasible.
– In the event that, due to the very nature of the activities , the use of the mask is incompatible, in accordance with the indications of the health authorities.
– In closed places or spaces for public use that are part of the place of residence of the groups that meet there , such as institutions for the care of the elderly or disabled.
Units intended for collective residence of essential workers or other groups that meet similar characteristics are included, but in this case with the condition that they have vaccination coverage greater than 80% with the complete schedule and the booster dose.
This exception is not applicable to external visitors, nor to workers at residential centers for the elderly or people with functional diversity, since in this case it is mandatory.
– Outside, during the practice of individual sports -although it does not detail which one-, as well as the performance of non-sports activities carried out in natural spaces as long as the minimum distance is maintainedof 1.5 meters with non-cohabitants.
– In penitentiary centers where there is mobility of inmates, both outdoors and in closed spaces, it will be governed by the specific rules established by the competent penitentiary authority.