Twelve people died in the flooding of the Zhengzhou city subway in central China. Local authorities made it known today, after the online publication of images of passengers submerged in water. The city “has experienced a series of rare and violent thunderstorms that have caused the accumulation of water in the Zhengzhou subway,” officials in the capital of Henan province said in a message posted on the Weibo social network, specifying that 12 people are were killed and five more wounded.
The pouring rain continues to lash the province and should continue until midnight, while about 100,000 people are evacuated and taken to places considered safer. The rains have so far poured unprecedented levels of 449 mm of water in Zhengzhou, from 18:00 on Sunday until midnight on Tuesday, causing the blocking of more than 160 trains with serious consequences for local transport. The Ministry of Emergency Management has sent a working group to the affected areas of Henan to help local authorities in disaster relief operations. The Chinese army also warned that a dam in the center of the country “could collapse at any moment”, in addition to the two that collapsed in Inner Mongolia a few days ago without causing serious damage. after being damaged by torrential storms that killed at least three people. On Tuesday evening, the regional unit of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) explained that a 20-meter breach was formed in the Yihetan dam in Luoyang, a city of about seven million people also in Henan, with the risk “of collapse at any moment “. PLA Central Theater Command said it had sent soldiers to carry out an emergency response, including explosions and flood diversions. with the risk of “collapse at any moment”. PLA Central Theater Command said it had sent soldiers to carry out an emergency response, including explosions and flood diversions. with the risk of “collapse at any moment”. PLA Central Theater Command said it had sent soldiers to carry out an emergency response, including explosions and flood diversions.
Chinese President Xi Jinping called the deadly floods that hit the country “extremely serious”, asking authorities at all levels to give the safety of people’s lives, as well as their assets, the highest priority, and to implement “with care and rigor flood prevention and disaster relief measures “. In the instructions given, Xi, after the latest casualties recorded in Henan, said that “the flood control situation is extremely serious” and that the events were in a “critical phase”, in the official media report.
Almost 300 thousand people have been evacuated in the central Chinese province of Henan due to torrential rains, where in addition to the 12 deaths of the subway in the capital Zhengzhou, numerous missing are feared. It is the latest bulletin provided by local authorities who have raised the alert to level 1, the highest possible, due to flooding rivers and dams that have come under pressure throughout the province. “From July 16 to Tuesday afternoon, heavy rainfall hit over 280,000 residents in 31 counties and districts of Henan. The water damaged about 20,000 hectares of crops,” the official media reported. The Henan Province Emergency Management Headquarters activated the Level 1 Emergency Response at 3am Wednesday morning. Mihe Township in the city of Gongyi, which is administered from Zhengzhou, is among the most affected areas and where many missing are feared. The floods have already dominated social media in Mandarin this morning, with many videos posted on the Weibo microblogging platform, including people stuck in the water on the subway and the rescue of 150 children from a kindergarten, also in the capital. The hashtags #HenanCanMakeIt and #HenanStormRescue went viral, garnering nearly 1 billion views each. The night agreement in Zhengzhou was experienced mainly without water, electricity and the Internet, with a partial resumption of services only in the morning. The floods have already dominated social media in Mandarin this morning, with many videos posted on the Weibo microblogging platform, including people stuck in the water on the subway and the rescue of 150 children from a kindergarten, also in the capital. The hashtags #HenanCanMakeIt and #HenanStormRescue went viral, garnering nearly 1 billion views each. The night agreement in Zhengzhou was experienced mainly without water, electricity and the Internet, with a partial resumption of services only in the morning. The floods have already dominated social media in Mandarin this morning, with many videos posted on the Weibo microblogging platform, including people stuck in the water on the subway and the rescue of 150 children from a kindergarten, also in the capital. The hashtags #HenanCanMakeIt and #HenanStormRescue went viral, garnering nearly 1 billion views each. The night agreement in Zhengzhou was experienced mainly without water, electricity and the Internet, with a partial resumption of services only in the morning. garnering nearly 1 billion views each. The night agreement in Zhengzhou was experienced mainly without water, electricity and the Internet, with a partial resumption of services only in the morning. garnering nearly 1 billion views each. The night agreement in Zhengzhou was experienced mainly without water, electricity and the Internet, with a partial resumption of services only in the morning.

Previous articleBetter straightener or straightening brush?
Next articleSupplement to promote the physiological immune defenses